wonderful little piece has been making the rounds on the Internet.
Perhaps you have seen it. It is a list of things God will not ask
you on the day you meet him:
1. God won’t ask what kind of car you drove. He’ll ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation.
2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house, He’ll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
3. God won’t ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He’ll ask how many you helped to clothe.
4. God won’t ask what your highest salary was. He’ll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
5. God won’t ask what your job title was. He’ll ask if you performedyour job to the best of your ability.
6. God won’t ask how many friends you had. He’ll askhow many people to whom you were a friend.
7. God won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived, He’ll ask how you treated your neighbors.
8. God won’t ask about the color of your skin, He’llask about the content of your character.
9. God won’t ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation. He’ll
lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven, and not to the gates
J. Michael Shannon is professor of preaching at Cincinnati Bible College in Cincinnati, OH.
View more sermon illustrations for inspiration for your next message.