A list of the perk of being over fifty has been making the rounds. Here are a few of them:
1. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
2. No one expects you to run — anywhere.
3. People call at 9 pm and ask, “Did I wake you?”
4. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
5. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
6. You sing along with elevator music.
7. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
8.Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
9. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
J. Michael Shannon is professor of preaching at Cincinnati Bible College in Cincinnati, OH.
View more sermon illustrations for inspiration for your next message.