10. Rehearsals are every Wednesday night, which means that for those few hours, you will significantly reduce your risk of contracting tendonitis from nonstop use of a TV remote control or computer mouse.
9. Because you wear a choir robe every Sunday, you are liberated from a task many men find quite challenging: finding clothes that match properly.
8. From your special vantage point every Sunday, in which you look out at the entire congregation from the choir loft, you will develop interesting new hobbies. Among these is a little guessing game called “Who’s Praying, Who’s Sleeping?”
7. On the other hand, sitting in full view of many people on a weekly basis makes it much less likely that you yourself will give in to a chronic lack of sleep…although it has been known to happen.
6. If you think your singing in the shower sounds good now, just wait till you’ve been singing with us for a few weeks.
5. Singing in a choir is one of the few activities for men that does not require electronic equipment or expensive power tools. This could be good for the family budget.
4. For the fitness buffs, singing in the choir is not only heart healthy but soul healthy. There are no monthly membership fees, and it’s a lot easier on the knees than jogging.
3. If you think you’ve done everything there is to do, and there are no great challenges left in life, try singing with us and staying on pitch, guys.
2. Choir rehearsal lasts half as long as a professional football game, but is at least twice as satisfying. (Don’t worry, though, the rehearsals are on Wednesday, not Monday nights.)
1. When people ask if you’ve been behaving yourself, you can say with the utmost sincerity, “Hey, I’m a choir boy.” (from Pastor Tim’s CleanLaugh list)